Evans & Page was founded by Corey Evans and Geneva Page in 2003. Mr. Evans and Ms. Page are considered experts in the field of animal law and regularly appear as speakers at national conferences and also teach animal law in Bay Area law schools. Evans & Page represents the nation’s premier animal advocacy organizations. Our portfolio of cases and clients displays the spectrum of legal approaches and issues involved in improving the lives of animals. Our cases include:
- civil rights / free speech lawsuits against police departments and entertainment facilities;
- administrative challenges to California and federal government regulations;
- lawsuits on behalf of consumers and non-profits seeking injunctive relief against factory farms for the inhumane treatment of animals raised for food;
- veterinary malpractice lawsuits;
- lawsuits on behalf of taxpayers to curb unlawful expenditures by California agencies;
- lawsuits on behalf of citizens to enforce their public records requests under the California Public Records Act; and
- representation of individuals whose dogs are prosecuted under “dangerous dog” laws.
Evans & Page attorneys are admitted to practice law in:
- All California State Courts
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- All Federal District Courts in California: Northern, Eastern, Central, & Southern
|| Corey Evans
is the founding partner of Evans & Page. Mr. Evans
was an adjunct professor of Animal Law at Santa Clara
University and the University of San Francisco. Mr.
Evans is a regular speaker at national conferences
and has been interviewed by Los Angeles Times Magazine,
National Public Radio, and local and national newspapers.
Prior to starting Evans & Page, Mr. Evans worked
as a corporate lawyer doing mergers, acquisitions,
and stock offerings for Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
LLP. Mr. Evans received his Juris Doctorate from Santa
Clara University, received his Bachelor of Arts from
the University of California Santa Barbara, and studied
at Lund University in Sweden. Mr. Evans was rated as a "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers publication.
|| Geneva Page
Page is a partner at Evans & Page. Ms. Page was
an adjunct professor of Animal Law at Santa Clara University. Ms.
Page graduated from Vermont Law School (VLS). Her
studies at VLS focused on animal law, and shortly
after graduating she began work at the Animal Protection
Institute (API) (now united with Born Free USA) in
Sacramento as their Government Affairs Coordinator.
At API her responsibilities included lobbying state
legislators, drafting proposed legislation, legal
research and testifying at legislative hearings.
Ms. Page received her Bachelor of Arts from San Francisco
State University and has studied law at the University
of Reading in England and tropical conservation at
the Universidad Nacional in Costa Rica.